From Costa Rica Travel Guide: Vacation and Travel tips
In the streets located around the downtown bars, you will see a lot of transvestite prostitutes. The neighborhood, although dingy, is decidedly gay and relatively safe to walk around in the early hours of the evening. But anyone leaving the bars after dark should catch a legal taxi back to the hotel.
If you know of a gay bar, gay club, or gay disco in Costa Rica that is not on the list please let us know. If you see a listing here that is no longer around or the information does not portray them right please let us know.
- Liquid Lounge is a gay club with house and Pop music. Open Tuesday - Sunday 9:00pm to 3:00
Address: 200 meters before 'Mar y Sombra' which is connected to 'Cabinas Piscis'
Phone: (506) 2777-5158
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Liquid-Disco-Lounge-Manuel-Antonio/152508874781910
E-mail: no email
Tutu Bar & Lounge
- Tutu Bar is another option for a night on the town where you will run into local gay men and women.
Address: 1 km from the sports marina road to Manuel Antonio Quepos Quepos, Costa Rica
Phone: (506) unknown
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001567395736
Bogart's Restaurant and Lounge
- Bogart's has a 'Gay Night' the first Friday of the month, Bogart's hosts a disco night for the gay community. Come and dance to great videos and tunes from the disco era.
Address: central avenue, street 0, center of Quepos
Phone: (506) 2777-0007
- Arcos Irus -
Gay bars in La Garita de Alajuela, Costa Rica
Rick's Rar & Restaurant
- Rick's Bar & Restaurant is another option If you´re looking for a different place to spend a romantic night out with your partner or you want a break from your routine don’t hesitate to visit our unique Bar and Restaurant. Bring your friends or come and make some great new ones! Choose from a variety of exquisite cuisine from our select menu or taste one of our delicious “bocas” while enjoying our unique, cozy atmosphere. We are located only 15 minutes from the Juan Santamaría International Airport. "Rick's" is “…a different place, for different people.” 100% Gay/Lesbian but we DO NOT discriminate against Straight folk, we're "STRAIGHT FRIENDLY". Open Thursday - Sunday after 6:00 pm
Address: In beautiful "La Garita" right across the street from the Catholic Church in La Garita, Alajuela, Costa Rica
Phone: (506) 2487-5374
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ricks-Bar-y-Restaurante/100362033376675
San Jose Gay Bars, Gay Clubs & Gay Discoteques
Top - San Jose
- A touch of class in San Jose. Top San Jose is a bar / restaurant. Open from 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Address: 150 mts. north of Hotel Eruopa on 0 street between 7th adn 9th avenue in San Jose, Costa Rica
Phone: (506) 2223-0004
- La Avispa is a legendary Costa Rican gay nightclub. Gay or straight, this is the club for you. So long as you are stylish, this is a great place to visit. One of the best places to visit in downtown San Jose, Costa Rica. La Avispa is the oldest gay disco in Costa Rica and has been open for over 30 years. Great Latin music and ambiance will help you dance the night away. La Avispa is a lesbian-owned two story bar that features two dance floors, big screen TV, restaurant, and pool tables. La Avispa draws gay men, especially Tuesday and Sunday nights (large twink gathering on Sundays). La Avispa has ladies night twice a month catering to the lesbians and on those night no men are allowed in the place. The nights do change from time to time so check their website for dates. Closed Mondays. Best day: Sundays. Cover $4
CHECK IT OUT...
- El Bochinche is a two level (small) gay club in San Jose, Costa Rica. It has a Restaurant, Bar & Dance floor. This is a fun little club, great BEATS (mostly top 40, electronic, & Latin), atmosphere, good drag shows, and plenty of dancing. An upscale Drinking Bar pretty popular among the professional gay Tico Yuppies for a night of fancy cloths and flirting. The bar caters towards more of the gay twink crowd where the guys barely look old enough to get in.
entrance $5 to $7 depending on the day and time
Wednesday to Sunday open from 8 p.m. - 3 a.m. (Friday & Saturday open till 5 a.m.)
CHECK IT OUT...
CHECK IT OUT...
Pucho's Night Club:
- An Icon of the gay life in Costa Rica where everyone goes, yet no one will admit to it. Drag shows every night and nude strippers that take EVERYTHING off leaving nothing to the imagination....and offer "private dances" in little stalls, so you can imagine how crazy they get… As they dance, they play with themselves, and don't be surprised if their dick ends up in your drink..... There is a Dark room on the back area of the bar. Best day of the week: Tuesdays. Weekends open bar from 9:00 PM till 1:00 AM. Cover: $10.
Address: Calle 11 and Avenida 8 San Jose, Costa Rica
Phone: (506) 2256-1147
CLUB OH! - Formerly known as Déjà Vu:
- Club Oh! is a mostly gay crowd. Their music tending towards electronic, U.S./U.K. dance club hits, techno-heavy disco with two dance floors and weekly drag shows. The weekends are packed with good looking guys as this is the place to see and be seen for the local gay Costa Ricans. Get there early or you'll wait on line for awhile. The neighborhood is sketchy so you'll definitely want to take a taxi to and from the bar. Open bar from 10:00 PM till 1:00 AM. Don't miss the Midnight shows. Cover with open bar in VIP lounge. Also Club Oh's! VIP area has its own DJ: $ 15
CHECK IT OUT...
Al Despiste Bar:
- Al Despiste Bar is a popular hangout in the Zapote part of San Jose, Costa Rica. Al Despiste is well known for the "bocas", great variety of tasty foods. Live music and activities all the week. Karaoke on Fridays and Gogo dancers on Saturdays.
Open Wednesday through Saturday, 7 p.m. to 2 a.m.; Sunday, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Phone: (506) 2234-59-56
Address:next to Universal, Multiplaza del Este, in front of Mudanzas Mundiales. Zapote, San José, Costa Rica